Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two Precious Girls!!!

We feel so blessed to announce the arrival of our two precious baby girls. They entered the world on October 23, 2008 at 1:49pm and 1:50pm. Cate Grace arrived first and weighed 5lb 15oz and Ava Faith arrived right after and weighed in at 5lb 14oz. They are both perfectly healthy and went straight to the waiting room to meet Erick and our families after delivery.

I am sorry it has taken me so long to update. I ended up having to be completely under for the delivery (c-section) and had a longer recovery than I expected. Erick was not allowed to be in the operating room because of this, but we had such an awesome nurse who got some pictures as soon as the girls came out. Since I was under, everyone got to see and find out the gender of the babies before I did. Erick came back to recovery to tell me what we had which was such a special moment to me, since I really wanted him to be the one to tell instead of the doctor shouting it out. Boy was I surprised to find out we had two girls. I have the worst intuition ever!

I will add pictures once I make the blog private, which may be a week or so since we have been really busy. We got home yesterday afternoon and let me tell you, two at the same time are a lot of work, but the best work there could ever be!

4 comments:

heather said...

Hey Lauren! Congrats! It's Heather, Amanda's friend. We've really only met a couple times, but I feel as if I know you so well! Amanda's been giving me updates, and I'm soooo excited for y'all!! I'll be praying for you and your precious family!

Anonymous said...

Lauren, My brother and his wife just found out they are pregnant with twins. :-)

I would love to bring you dinner - just email me and we can coordinate a date!

Unknown said...

Hi Lauren and Erick! It was neat to read about the girls' arrival - thanks for sharing! Tim and I would love to bring you dinner in the next couple of weeks. Please let us know when a good time would be!
Love,
Holly

Jessie said...

sorry to hear that you had to be under for the delivery, but I am sure that you are thrilled with the end result - two sweet girls! yay! welcome to the club! there birth weights sound great, hope all is going well at home, can't wait to hear more, Jessie