Wow! Growing up, my sisters and I fought all the time! We fought over everything and anything. From the day the girls were born I knew the fighting would start eventually, but I had no idea how soon it was coming. I think it really started around 18 months, but lately it is WWE everyday at our house. They fight over toys, books, not wanting the other to give them a hug, the other touching them, who gets to be held by mommy, who gets to go first for washing hands, getting their hair brushed, putting their shoes on etc. I pull them apart at least 25 times a day. I'm not kidding. It is wearing me out! They pull hair, bite, scratch and push. When I picked them up from preschool today the teacher even told me the girls had a fight at school. They usually do really well there and don't really even play together, so it did surprise me.
I know it has to be hard for them being twins. There are so many great things about being a twin, but there are also a lot of things that are no fun. It breaks my heart they have to share everything. They never get a break from each other. They share a room, they are in the same class at school and at church. I even nursed them at the same time. They NEVER get time with me by themselves or a much needed break from each other. We try to split them up on weekends to run errands, but once we get home they are back at it.
I know they love each other they get so excited to see each other when they wake up in the morning. Too precious. I know the fighting won't end anytime soon, but I pray they will be best friends one day and I find a way to get rid of some of the twin mommy guilt and enjoy this age.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hey Lauren! I didn't grow up with having the same sex siblings (I have an older brother) so the 2 boy thing kind of worried me. But I watch others who have grown up with or are raising same sex siblings and I ask lots of questions to the ones that seem to be close. Anyway a friend of mine is married to a guy who is really really close to his 2 brothers and her daughters are the same way, granted they still fight but not like some kids I've seen. She said that her husband from the time the girls were little started saying "where's your best friend? Hug your best friend? Your sister is your best friend!" She said that having that seed planted at a young age made a huge difference on the way the girls view each other and that was how her husband was raised too with his brothers. As Amy Russell always says "you raise what you praise". Just a little bit of advice that was given to me and I thought I would pass on. Some would call it brain washing, but I think it's great advice. Jackson already calls Calvin his best friend and it has really helped since we moved. He said the other day that "we will make new friends, but he was glad that he still had his best friend with him at our new house."
I understand the having to share everything stuff....that would be really frustrating!
Post a Comment