When I picked the girls up from school on Tuesday their teachers told me the both like going on the potty and to start sending them to school in pull ups. Since the girls have been going on the potty for a while, I decided to bite the bullet and try potty training. If they are willing to reinforce it at school I may as well take advantage of it. I have not read any books, but intended to use the 3 Day method when I was ready for this adventure. Since I am a procrastinator and don't like to read, I did not think ahead and read what that actually entails. So, I decided to wing it and throw some big girl panties on Cate and Ava and see how it goes.
I took them to Target last night to pick them out. Cate picked out Tinkerbell and Ava Princess. We started this morning when they woke up and they did really well. I put them in a diaper to go to playgroup today because I was really unsure of everything. They went potty there and actually kept their diapers dry until I took them off when we got home. Neither one had an accident today, which is really encouraging. I got bold this evening and took them to Target in panties and they stayed dry.
What I did today and plan to do is ask them every 1/2 hour to an hour if they need to go. I am going to use diapers/pull-ups at nap and night because I am just going to day train them right now. I will send them to school in pull-ups and will also use them for longer trips and play dates until they get really consistent at home. I am a little unsure about me asking them to go so often because I'm not really sure it is teaching them to know when they need go before it's too late. I think I will just continue and play it by ear. I really want to have them trained by the end of April, so I am going to take it slow and hope for the best.
My babies aren't babies anymore! :( Here are some pictures of them in their new big girl undies. And a couple from helping me make cupcakes on Valentine's Day. Such sweet sisters! 




No comments:
Post a Comment